Just because a home is affordable doesn’t mean it has to be cheap and nasty. Glass shower screens add a touch of elegance to any bathroom, no matter if the home is in the billion dollar range or much less. In fact, there is more to them than their good looks.
Here are some advantages of installing a shower screen made of glass.
- It is less likely to develop mould on the surface, so is easy to clean.
- Glass in the bathroom makes it look larger as it is transparent so the draws the eye beyond it to the far walls.
- It makes the bathroom look lighter as glass does not throw shadows, but lets the light through.
- It allows you to have a decorative wall or wall feature beyond it that can still be seen from the doorway even if the showerscreen is there.
- They are light to use as any light from outside, such as natural light from a window will shine through the glass instead of casting the area into shadow.
- Glass is very durable. Shower screens are made from toughened glass that can withstand hard knocks and bumps.
- It is low maintenance, needing no painting or retiling.
- It is versatile, suiting any kind of colour scheme or design.
- There are several options such as framed, semi framed or frameless, allowing you to customise the look of your bathroom.
- The glass can be tinted, frosted or etched with a design for even more customisation
- It increases the value of your home and can entice buyers because it looks modern, clean and classy.
- It allows other elements of the bathroom to be accented because it is not intrusive.
So if you are thinking of doing some renovations in your home, consider adding a glass shower screen and see what a big difference it makes to the look and feel of your bathroom. If you have a small bathroom it will look much larger, while if your bathroom is already on the large size it will certainly enhance it even more.
Add a large mirror, some extra lighting and even a new larger window and your bathroom will be something to be proud of, a place you can truly relax in and feel refreshed from all the stress of the day.
While traditionally the bathroom was the smallest and darkest room in the house, that is no longer the case. A bathroom should be a place where you can relax and enjoy yourself, emerging like a new person. After all, no one wants to go into a dark dungeon to have their shower. Adding a lovely shower screen could be the best renovation you ever had done.