Having some landscaping done on your property not only adds to the value of it, but also enhances your lifestyle. Everyone loves to be surrounded by beauty, but when that beauty also provides a place where it is convenient and comfortable to relax in you really enjoy being there. And knowing that your property looks amazing is a source of great satisfaction and pride.
There are many different kinds of gardens and what you choose will depend on many things.
- The climate – rain, sunshine, snow, frost, wind and even slope all play a big part in the garden and should be taken into consideration when planning the design.
- The size of your property is another important element. If you have a tiny courtyard, you’ll need a different kind of design than if your property is on a rural block, or even has a larger backyard.
- Your lifestyle needs must also be taken into consideration. If you have children or pets, leaving space for them to play and run is necessary. If you love to dine outdoors, you’ll want to create a haven with alfresco furniture.
- The kind of soil is also important, although it is possible to purchase top quality soil if the natural soil in your area is in poor condition. Sandy soil will need the addition of mulch to provide nutrients, while clay will need to be broken up so it doesn’t become hard as a brick.
- Your age may well be a factor. Elderly people cannot be expected to dig in the garden too much, but can do light work. However, if you can get the help of a professional gardener, the sky’s the limit.
But how can having a nice garden enhance your lifestyle?
- It provides additional space outdoors for entertaining or just enjoying time with family and friends. Socialising helps us to relax and feel good. When we are relaxed we are healthier, with less chance of being attacked by some of those nasties such as high blood pressure.
- Having a great design will mean there is shade out there for the children to play under. It’s important for children to be outside in the fresh air as much as possible. If they can run around and play, it gives them good exercise and they are stronger and healthier for it.
- Some gentle exercise doing a little light gardening is also good for adults. It gives them a time to relax and focus on something else apart from the problems of life. Most people enjoy picking flowers for the table or even picking some herbs or vegetable for their dinner. When we do things we enjoy, it makes us happy.