|**Please be aware that
additional resources relevant to this topic may be provided
in the Federal Agencies, Hotlines, Holistic/Multi-Topic Web
Resources, and/or Recursos en Español (Spanish Resources)
sections of the website. Further, links to specific documents,
fact sheets, etc. are provided within the relevant topical sections
of the Alliance website.
Beyond Pesticides - www.beyondpesticides.org
- A nonprofit membership organization that is committed to pesticide safety
and the promotion of alternative pest management strategies.
Beyond Pesticides Brochure "Asthma, Children, and Pesticides"
- This brochure explains links between asthma attacks in children
and pesticide exposure. It covers several of the most commonly used insecticides
and herbicides used in and around the home and explores their effects
on the respiratory system.
Environmental Health Coalition, Pest Control Fact Sheet: Toxic
Free Homes - www.environmentalhealth.org/PestControl.pdf
- This publication by EHC, a nonprofit environmental and social justice
organization, explains how to prevent, and if necessary, control pest
infestations of the home using integrated pest management (IPM).
Natural Resources Defense Council, Pesticides Program
- A national, environmental nonprofit organization, NRDC’s pesticides
website summarizes a range of pesticide hazards facing humans today.
Northwest Coalition for Alternatives to Pesticides -
- NCAP is a nonprofit advocacy organization dedicated to protecting people
and the environment from detrimental pesticide use and promoting healthy
alternatives to control pest problems. The website provides a wide variety
of resources including news articles, the Journal of Pesticide Reform,
information on their programs, and a list of publications and resources.
Our Stolen Future - www.ourstolenfuture.org
- As the website for the authors of the 1996 book which first explored
endocrine disruption, this website provides regular updates on research,
science, and news pertaining to endocrine disrupters, including certain
Pesticide Action Network North America - www.panna.org
- PANNA is one of five regional Pesticide Action Network centers worldwide
working to promote the use of alternative solutions to pesticides. The
PANNA website provides links to reports and articles, projects and campaigns,
and data on various pesticides.
Safer Pest Control Project - http://spcpweb.org/
- Focused primarily on promoting IPM, the Safer Pest Control Project offers
a variety of resources including how to utilize IPM alternatives in the
home, school, and outdoor environments.
Silent Spring Institute - www.silentspring.org
- The Institute is a partnership of scientists, physicians, public health
advocates, and community activists united around the common goal of identifying
the links between pesticides and other hazardous chemicals and women's
health impacts, especially breast cancer.
Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry - www.atsdr.cdc.gov/toxfaq.html
- ATSDR produces a series of fact sheets—ToxFAQs—which answer
frequently asked questions and summarize basic information on various
environmental contaminants, including specific pesticides.
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Pesticides Program
- The website for EPA’s pesticides program supplies information
regarding health and safety, environmental effects, controlling pests,
regulating pesticides, compliance and enforcement, and related grant opportunities.